Saturday, November 24, 2012

My YCS Re-Cap

Better late than never, right? :)
I had wanted to do this a long time ago, but after YCS I was pretty much behind on all my homework and with the holiday coming up I really just didn't have any time.

I won't be going over all my matches or anything like that, I went 4-3 drop losing Round 1 to Geargia who had Armor+3 or 4 backrow opening plays, Round 6 to Heroes that sided into Wind-Ups; in Game 3 - totally blew me by surprise as I had anti-Hero stuff sided in, and he goes Rabbit+Factory, then proceeds to Magician-Shark me ftw. Then in Round 7 lost to Chain Burn, just don't have anything sided for that match-up besides a pair of Dust Tornadoes :/

All in all it was a fun event though, our hotel was sick and Danny met a lot of pros and got to chat it up with them. I met LFN, who's a very cool guy. Besides that, my binder went through Weight-Watchers (ie the vendors) and I got to sell a lot of stuff off. Even though I know basically everything is really under-cut, I didn't really care because a lot of that stuff was just stuff that sat in my binder for many many months.

I think the best thing that came out of this event for us was motivation to go to YCS' across the country. After thinking about it, it's entirely possible to do even in my situation so I'm fairly sure that once the stateside YCS' are announced for the coming year, we will be making plans to go to as many as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment