Friday, December 2, 2011

Team O Player Interviews - Part 3 (Danny)

Danny is the founder and leader of Team Overload, and one of my closest personal friends ever of ~7 years.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. How long have you been playing this game, and when did you start playing competitively?
I would say way too long but not as long as Steve. I think he was there when they open the first pack.

2. What "kind" of player would you consider yourself, or what is your particular playstyle? Aggressive vs conservative vs mixture, original vs strict net-deck, budget vs "money is no object", bling vs everything common, etc.
I used to be very conservative and that won me a lot of games but when I first made my comeback to yugioh I got my backside handed to me. I was way too conservative. So now I am both and what I mean is when I conserve when I need to aggro when my opponent is knowingly weak or bluffing just depends to be honest. I'm a net deck I leave it to the pros I don't have time to play test. I buy what I need to be the best but I common the shit out of my deck.

3. What do your think about net-decking? Does it hurt or help a player's ability to play the game?
Net decking won me a regionals nuff said.

4. What do you think of the current format? If favorable, what do you like about it? If unfavorable, what is it you don't like about it?
Love the format money means dominance and that's how it should be. Bring back the days of teledad separate the strong from the weak.

5. What is your current main deck and why do you run that deck?
Billy Brake plants very consistent beats any deck. I changed Caius and Veiler for Reaper and third Rai-Oh. I never liked plants at all but Link convinced me it was the best deck and haven't looked back since.

6. What was the first holo you ever pulled out of a pack?
Come on Mike that was along time ago I'm not Steve who has the first card he pulled mounted over his fire place how could I remember that.

7. What is your favorite format/deck of all time?
Therosaak Poonsabont destiny hero lol I think I butchered his name. Fast and dominating look it up lol. Deck known as t hero.

8. What do you think of reprints of expensive cards/reprints in general?
Reprints are straight fucking up the game I hate spending 100 dollars on something and have it drop down to like nothing and some cents they're gonna make me quit some day but not convert to magic no way lmao. Magic tournaments seem so much darker than the bright and colorful yugioh tourneys. MERLYN'S SO DARK AND COLD.

9. If there was one thing that you could change about the game, what would it be?
To get thru the heads of people who think they are better then me or any of my teammates and what I mean is you can beat someone a 100 times and if they win once they think they are way better then you. Its just hella funny too for people to think my team is dead that will never happen. I only go after the best and work on those who I think can be better.

10. If there was one thing that you could change about your own ability to play, what would it be?
Just tighten up my side deck and what to side out. I think its the only reason why I ever lose to be honest.

11. A lot of players online raged at the news that Black Luster Soldier and Heavy Storm were coming off the ban list. How do you currently feel about both of them being back in the game?
Aaaaaaamazing. I hate players who hide behind traps and black luster is so boss I would bow down to the motherfucker if he were real.

12. Do you think Black Luster Soldier will be re-banned in March? Why/why not?
No cause Heavy fixes the game from 15 trap formats and luster is not as boss like the old days too much things stopping it now.

13. If you could play against any one "pro"/big-name YuGiOh player, who would it be?
Ummmmmmmmmm lets see Fili Luna cause I think that dude is one of the best players if not the best ever. 4 shonen jumps come on for reals.

14. What do you think of the current state of Spokane-area (Spokane, Valley, CDA) YuGiOh?
Andrew fucked it up I swear to you tournament numbers were at 30 people and he fucking brought them down to nothing at times. Now the tourneys have split up and yugioh sucks in Washington I heard that fuck plays magic now. Fuck you by the way come see me in a fight if you ever dare you faggot. Suck Ians dick by the way BITCH. GOOD CHOICE UNCLE'S ON YOUR TOURNAMENT ORGANIZER. He organized it into the ground; all that hard work I started, for nothing.

15. If there was one thing that you could say to the Spokane-area playerbase, what would it be?
The game is in a state of emergency and if we keep making separate tournaments yugioh will not exist in Spokane any more. Me and my team always have regionals and farther places but I'm trying to keep the game in Spokane. Please come down to Board Game Nation look us up and we will do all we can to make you better.

3 comments:

  1. im gonna do the same thing for my team can i use a few of your questions???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it man, not a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally i find bls a problem that should be hit march.

    ReplyDelete