Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Team O Player Interviews - Part 4 (Rob)

Rob was the co-captain of Team Overload until he took a break from the game and I took over his position. He's done a lot for the team and has always been someone we could go to and rely on.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. How long have you been playing this game, and when did you start playing competitively?
I've been playing since about 2004, when I first met Zac-he's the one who initially got me into the game.  I didn't start playing competitivley until about 2007-when I met Danny-he's the one who got me to the competitive level. 

2. What "kind" of player would you consider yourself, or what is your particular playstyle? Aggressive vs conservative vs mixture, original vs strict net-deck, budget vs "money is no object", bling vs everything common, etc.
Well, I think I am more of a mixture, but if I had to choose, I would say I'm more aggressive. I like to push for game when it looks like the right time.  I am defintely a netdecker. I play to win. I would rather have the secret rares be a lil cheaper, but overall cards need to be pricey, to make the game itself have some value to it.

3. What do your think about net-decking? Does it hurt or help a player's ability to play the game?
Copying and learning the top decks is how you become a top player. There's nothin wrong with being original, but I play to be the best I can, and to win. There's a reason those decks are the top decks, cause they're the best. So netdecking=winning.

4. What do you think of the current format? If favorable, what do you like about it? If unfavorable, what is it you don't like about it?
I like it, I haven't been able to play the top decks, yet, but its way better than the last few formats we've had.

5. What is your current main deck and why do you run that deck?
Right now its anti-meta. I run it because its pretty good, and I don't have Tour Guides. lol.  Soon I will be buying a dinorabbit deck so I will run that. It def looks like the most broken deck of this format.

6. What was the first holo you ever pulled out of a pack?
No idea lol. I know the 1st holo I ever got was a blue eyes white dragon.

7. What is your favorite format/deck of all time?
Teledad. A deck I dropped lots of cash for, and won alot with. I was very dominant with that deck, I miss it.

8. What do you think of reprints of expensive cards/reprints in general?
They're good. Just cause I know getting a Tour Guide reprint now would piss some people off, but there are certain cards from 5-10 sets ago that people might need, and have to put too much effort into getting. Those cards shouldn't be hard to get now-therefore reprints are good, just not too soon.

9. If there was one thing that you could change about the game, what would it be?
A little less diversity in decks, and a little less reprints.  Too many decks can win-a problem because no one wants to see a bad player get lucky. Plus your deck has more of a chance to not do so good when you could face 10 different decks in a tournament, with the reprints, no one wants to see a noob playin with 3 tourguides and 3 rescue rabbits. enuff said.

10. If there was one thing that you could change about your own ability to play, what would it be?
Right now it'd prolly be sidedecking ability. Normally its not a problem, but now, especially at a local tournament, its hard to know what to sideck for. Anyone could be playing anything.

11. A lot of players online raged at the news that Black Luster Soldier and Heavy Storm were coming off the ban list. How do you currently feel about both of them being back in the game?
Its great. Who out there doesnt like them back? They both are good, but not banworthy, right now.

12. Do you think Black Luster Soldier will be re-banned in March? Why/why not?
Naww, at least I hope not. Its definetly a good card, but its not the star of the format. I think it helps balance this format, and hopefully the next one.

13. If you could play against any one "pro"/big-name YuGiOh player, who would it be?
I don't really know. At this point it looks like most top players are cheaters. Right now probably Billy Brake. 2 ycs in a row. The dude most be doin somethin right.

14. What do you think of the current state of Spokane-area (Spokane, Valley, CDA) YuGiOh?
Its pretty divided. But if everyone went to one torunament, we'd have alot of competition. There are some good players here.

15. If there was one thing that you could say to the Spokane-area playerbase, what would it be?
This is a competitve game. Always play to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment