Friday, December 9, 2011

Team O Player Interviews - Part 6 (Link)

My name is Brandon Link, I'm 18 years old, I'm gettin back in the game after being out for a bit. I've been to two regionals in my life topped in Portland and went X-2 in the other.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. How long have you been playing this game, and when did you start playing competitively?
Well I started playing from the first starter decks when I was little and picked up again when I was 16 and started playing competitive, so 2 years now.

2. What "kind" of player would you consider yourself, or what is your particular playstyle? Aggressive vs conservative vs mixture, original vs strict net-deck, budget vs "money is no object", bling vs everything common, etc.
I conserve most of the time but I think I know when to make a push or an aggro play so some of both.
Net deck for sure. I've done a lot of original stuff too but net decking wins plain and simple and I want to win.
I go back and forth I try to trade my way up an win my way into a deck and it's worked for me but I have bought duality and emmersblade so it goes back and forth. 
Bling - I try to get what I need first but after that I love my decks looking sexy.

3. What do your think about net-decking? Does it hurt or help a player's ability to play the game?
Helps because net decking doesn't teach them how to play they still have to learn. It just gives them the right tools to be good; they still have to get better or be good already and make the right plays.

4. What do you think of the current format? If favorable, what do you like about it? If unfavorable, what is it you don't like about it?
Idk I kinda dislike it it's just so many decks and usually it's one or two decks that are the top and I like that when everyone is playing the same deck. It really shows who's better cuz you can't make excuses and I dislike that every deck goes 3 max c, it's just an annoying card to me.

5. What is your current main deck and why do you run that deck?
Karakuri because it's the only deck that can do good without tour guide. It has a lot of good plays and is cheap. If I could play any deck it would be rabbit.

6. What was the first holo you ever pulled out of a pack?
Bls. Back in the day got a pack after school it was the coolest thing ever then I got ripped for it I think.

7. What is your favorite format/deck of all time?
X sabers with cold wave and rescue cat. I loved that deck it was my babe I felt like no one could beat me that format and I won a lot. The deck was just so fun to me.

8. What do you think of reprints of expensive cards/reprints in general?
It's good and bad for the game. It helps all the players that aren't willing to spend money to be good and helps everyone get decks, but then the people who are good who get the card before suffer. So I think it's needed but too much is terrible. Need to keep value in the game.

9. If there was one thing that you could change about the game, what would it be?
I want a new one where there are a few good decks, not a lot, and where you can't splash tour guide in anything and win.

10. If there was one thing that you could change about your own ability to play, what would it be?
I like my style of play so I really wouldn't change anything.

11. A lot of players online raged at the news that Black Luster Soldier and Heavy Storm were coming off the ban list. How do you currently feel about both of them being back in the game?
Heavy is amazing it is broken but the game really needs it so people can't set two warning and control the game that way anymore. Bls is way too overpowered its cool that's it's back but way too good.

12. Do you think Black Luster Soldier will be re-banned in March? Why/why not?
Yes look at all the people in ycs feature matches. People win because of bls a lot it's way too good. I think it's not staying around.

13. If you could play against any one "pro"/big-name YuGiOh player, who would it be?
Jeff jones that dude tops every ycs. People say all the time he created this deck and this one. He doesn't make mistakes I just think right now he is one of the best players and best minds in the game.

14. What do you think of the current state of Spokane-area (Spokane, Valley, CDA) YuGiOh?
Terrible we need bigger tourneys we all need to stop being separated and play at one place so there can be more prize support.

15. If there was one thing that you could say to the Spokane-area playerbase, what would it be?
We all need to get together and make bigger tourneys yes team o is going to take them but you need to try and stop us.

No comments:

Post a Comment