Thursday, November 10, 2011

Rabbit Testing - Day 2

So after I posted last night, I got in a few games against Mikey with Karakuris. That deck is a very nice change of pace from Agents for me and I enjoyed it very much. Hopefully my set of Merchants come in by Saturday so I can run it for the tournament on Saturday if I'm able to go.

Mikey and I played on DN again this morning/early afternoon, I played a couple games with my Agents then decided I would tweak my Rabbit build to see if it'd flow any better. I think I spent like 5 minutes taking out the crap and putting in stuff that I thought would be better. I think we got 4 total games in with me running Rabbit and him running his Zombie deck and then a GB deck he made. By the time we got to Rabbit testing I only had about an hour and a half left before I had to head back to class. Our last game pretty much came down to topdeck'ing and was quite fun. I went 3-1 (or 4-1, don't remember number of games we played) in our testing. Overall I felt much better about the build I tested today compared to the one last night, even though I dislike Kabazaulus very much when you gotta use it as a 1700 beater. I felt like I was playing back in 2002 lol.

Changes I made:
- Up the deckcount to 42. I didn't draw into any multiples of my Normal guys (yet).
- Add a set of Gene-Warped Warwolf for my 3rd set of Normals. I don't like it, but I think that 3 sets of Normals is necessary for Rabbit, and it runs over T-King. I don't think there are any other Normal Dino alternatives.
- Drop Maxx C's. I originally thought that it would be a good idea. Gives you card advantage, but realized it promotes drawing multiple Normals. 
- Drop Morays, Gold Sarcs, Hydrogeddons, and add a set of Jurrac Guaiba w/ 1 Velo.
- Add a couple more battle-trick cards like Lance and Chalice, and include more traps for defense.

My "I Wish/lol" list:
- That Dinos had a "Horn of the Phantom Beast"-like card. Chalice and Lance are cool and all, but I like Horn so much more.
- That Tengu was a Dino.
- That Dinos had a 2000ATK Normal.

Contemplation list:
- Adding Call of the Haunted, in the effort to make it easier to bring out Laggia/Dolkka.
- Dropping the Warwolfs but still maintaining a 42 deckcount. After my testing from last night I can't imagine running only 2 sets of Normals, but I'll just have to mess around with it. 

Tomorrow is a day off so I hope to get in a more substantial number of games in. I only had about 2 hours of free time today and I didn't want to exclusively test Rabbit, hence why I only got the 4 games in. I'll post a decklist after tomorrow's testing, granted I obtain at least somewhat similar results to how I did today. I also need to spend a little time on the forums to see what progress anyone has made/what their ideas are.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seattle Regionals is this weekend, unfortunately none of the team will be making the trip up. Like I mentioned way back, my wife and I paid for Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil tickets so gotta go to that Saturday night. Link and Nate are going to a Pokemon regionals in Portland, I'm slightly disappointed they're picking Pokemon over Yugz but I can see why they'd want to do so, if like they thought it was easier to win out in Pokemon than Yugioh. If I played both games and there was a regionals on the same weekend for both games, I'd play the one that I thought I had a better chance of winning at. I'm not sure about the driving conditions on the Pass, so that may be a factor as well. In general driving to Portland is a much better and safer drive than Seattle. And there's no tax if you want to buy stuff in general :) I'm not sure if we have an official "Pokemon division" of the team, but nonetheless, "good luck" to Nate and Link at the Pokemon tourney. As for everyone else, I don't think anyone has the time or money to make the trip.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our PHSW case has been paid off with Dave and Adam's Card World, so we should be getting that in about a week and a half. We're just hoping to break even on it, if we could pull 2 Rabbits that would be great but I'm not sure if that's even possible on a case. Do they make it so each Secret per box in a case is different?

No comments:

Post a Comment