Thursday, October 6, 2011

Photon Shockwave Set Review - Part 4

Well I actually had a really long piece written about selling on eBay that I had intended on posting today, but for some reason EWU's net2ftp doesn't allow me to download it from my netStorage because it has the word "eBay" in it. I'll have to put it on my thumb drive tomorrow and get it that way.

So, I'll get on to the exclusives that we have the effect text for:

Alexandrite Dragon
PHSW-EN000
Light/Dragon/4/2000/100
A dragon version of Gene-Warped Warwolf. I think the only competitive deck to run normal monsters is those with Rescue Rabbit. With Rescue Rabbit, the best normal type to go for is Dino. Therefore I'm not sure how good having a 2000 atk normal dragon will be. I'd try to get rid of these at the sneak.
1/5
Unconfirmed rarity at this time, other than being the Sneak promo

Photon Sabre Tiger
PHSW-EN081
Light/Beast - Effect/3/2000/300
When this card is Normal or Flip Summoned: You can add 1 "Photon Sabre Tiger" from your Deck to your hand. If you do not control another "Photon Sabre Tiger", this card loses 800 ATK.
At first I thought this card was kinda dumb, but after reading the article site and its ability to be brought out by Super-Nimble, it doesn't seem so bad. It's also an easy way to bring out Galaxy Eyes or XYZ for a rank 3.
Will this see play? Maybe. Jeff Jones seems pretty excited for it, so take that for what it's worth to you.
I'll give it a 3/5 for now.
Unconfirmed rarity at this time, looks like Super though.
Market Value: I'd estimate $5-7 unless someone comes up with something that breaks it.

D-Boyz
PHSW-EN084
Dark/Fiend - Effect/1/100/1000
FLIP: You can Special Summon any number of "D-Boyz" from your Deck in face-up Attack Position, then you take 1000 damage for each monster Special Summoned by this effect.
I seriously LOL'd when I saw this card on the article site. What does the D stand for? At first I thought "Douche", then realized it's probably "Derp" cuz they look kinda derp. Obviously the playability of this card depends on the future of rank 1 XYZs, but it's only a matter of time before we get that broken one that makes this card must-have. Obviously you'll need 3.
4/5 - pick these up, cuz they will eventually be busted.
Secret Rare
Market Value: $30 initial, rising to correspond with the broken-ness of rank 1 XYZs.

Evolzar Dolkka
PHSW-EN086
Fire/Dinosaur - Xyz - Effect/Rank 4/2300/1700
Can negate any monster effect, unconfirmed as to how.
You'll probably end up going into Ragia any time you could possibly go for this guy, but it's a good option. If you could manage of field of Ragia and this guy, that's a pretty good lockdown. This guy will be utilized in rabbit decks.
Secret Rare
5/5 - another chase card
Market Value: $50 initial

Wind-Up Zenmaines
PHSW-EN087
Fire/Machine - Xyz - Effect/Rank3/1500/2100
If this face-up card on the field would be destroyed, you can detach 1 Xyz material from this card instead. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was used this turn: Target one card on the field; destroy it.
Know how annoying/good Gachi Gachi is? Well this guy is Gachi on crack. This further cements Rank 3 as the best generic rank. This can be used offensively and defensively. Dare I say Compulsory becoming even more of a viable option? I haven't used it in a long time, but it's a fairly popular tech choice. The more cards we get like this, Compulsory's viability goes up. Even if you Bottomless this guy, your opponent's going to be able to get this effect off.
5/5 - chase card, awesome effect.
Market Value: $60+

I believe that's it for exclusives. So far, my opinion of this set is that it's very similar to GENF. Very few playable supers, rares and commons, a few decent Ultras and bomb Secrets. This set has more bomb secrets than GENF, and we don't even know the effects of what's left. I will end up getting a case of this set, how it will be split I'm not certain on; either with Danny and Zach, or just Danny. Keep making good cards Secret, Konami, everyone's loving you for it! </sarcasm>

No comments:

Post a Comment